The export organic products from India surged by 50% in 2018-19, said APEDA. Export potential of organic products if you are interested in starting an organic export from an Indian business. It has shown massive success in 2019, and it is predicted that organic farming export from India will grow more than double soon.
Many countries are keen to buy top organic products exported from India and organic food products from India due to its high quality and healthy point of view.
Biofach India 2019
Biofach India is the most significant event in organic food and organic agriculture of India. It is the leading trade fair for organic food in India, and organic products in India held in NCR, New Delhi, From 7th November ’19 to 9th November 19.
APEDA, known as Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority, is a statutory body under the Ministry of Commerce that will show India’s empowerment as an important hub for buy organic food in India, food, ingredients, etc. Biofach for three days.
It is a National Programme for Organic Production (NPOP) under APEDA. APEDA also provides a list of leading organic food exporters in India.
The entire organic agriculture fraternity of organic food exporter, traders, best organic food products in India, certified organic farmers, retailers, and others relating to organic food products in India attended this large meeting.
India Organic products can only be exported from India if produced, processed, packed, and labeled according to the National Programme for Organic Production(NPOP)requirements. Indian production was 2.67 million M.T. of organic food products in India.
In 2018-19, including various varieties of products like cereals, millets, cotton, pulses, sugar cane, oilseeds, tea, fruits, medicinal plants, spices, vegetables, dry fruits, coffee, organic pulses export from India and plenty of other varieties.
This event showcased the strength of India in the organic products export from India worth more than USD 757 million(that is Rs 5151 crore ) during the year 2018-19, crossing the previous year’s worth of USD 515 million in 2017-18.
- Growth in the e-commerce sector has undoubtedly helped export organic products India to reach out to potential customers and boost up in recent years.
- The awareness of its superior quality and healthiness through various digital platforms has contributed to its organic food export. India’s government has also taken initiatives to boost organic food products in India by introducing schemes like Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY), in which 2 lakh hectares will be given for organic farming to benefit 5 lakh farmers.
- APEDA estimated that flax seeds, soybean, sesame, medicinal plants, pulses, rice, and tea are the leading organic food products that lead to this growth.
- The leading organic products importer from India is Germany. The USA and other European countries used to be the biggest buyers of organic food export from India and organic vegetable export from India, and now there is an increasing demand from other countries like Taiwan, Canada, and South Korea. So there are other countries as well that are interested in buying organic products from India.
- The demand keeps on growing for a list of organic products exported from India, and the statistics of the present and previous years reflect the volume about it.
- Flax seeds, sesame, soybean, tea, medicinal plants, rice, and pulses have been important organic exports from India, leading to an almost 50% increase in organic exports in 2018-19, reaching Rs 5151 crore.
How to do organic vegetables export from India?
If you are looking for the answers to the query, “How to export organic vegetables from India?” the article will help you identify the source.
As people are becoming conscious about the food they eat, the demand for organic vegetables is rising. India is the largest market for organic products. Hand-picked products from various regions of India are exported to developed countries such as the USA, Europe, etc. Organic brands to export from us (us organic food exporter) contribute primarily to generating positive revenue from product sales.
Growth in the market for organic vegetables has opened new opportunities for Indian agriculture companies and agencies involved in food export from India. Import-export companies can find the market in other countries and export homegrown organic vegetables to the international market.
Establish realm makes it easy to start a food export business. India already has an organic market where many food products are sold. The growth is high in demand, but the organic vegetable export business has challenges. Business requires proper planning and smooth execution to get the desired outcome. Let us learn the legal element of starting an export business in India.
A large population is involved in organic product exports in India. This article simplifies the export of organic products from India, so keep reading to educate yourself. Before you decide to start your food export India business, understand these basic requirements.
- The company has to register the product to get the certification, proving that the product they sell is produced through organic methods.
- Get the license from the FSSIA. A company must register with the organization to qualify for organic farming and export.
- Companies whose turnover is under INR 12 lakh annually must have FSSAI registration.
- Turnover above INR 12 lakh annually should get the FSSAI State license.
- Turnover above the INR 20 crores annually for organic export from India should get the FSSAI Central license.
- Once the license is allocated to the company, the company is legally approved to deal in organic product export. The license is valid for five years, and the expiry, the company has to renew it following the same procedure again.
- Besides the FSSAI certificate, the company also has to obtain India Organic Certificate.
- The company is obligated to place a certification logo on the packaging to prove that the products inside are produced using organic methods.
- Other certificates such as Phytosanitary certification, grade or quality standards certification, and pesticide-contaminants report confirming organic product in India.
- Custom handling certification.
Some importing countries may ask you to register with the local government if you want to qualify to export the product in the region. The norms vary from country to country. You may ask to submit the list of the organic vegetables export from India for verification and get approval from the government. Talk to the local authorities or regional experts to understand how the export organic food guidelines work for organic products in the country.
Top organic food brands to import from the U.S.
The list is extensive, but we have short-listed top organic food brands doing well in the U.S. market. The companies are transforming the market to make human lives healthy.
- Whole Foods Market
- Organic Valley
- Horizon Organic
- Urban Organics
- Earths’ Best Organics
These top five brands are the leading exporters and supplies in the U.S. market. U.S. organic food exporter is consistently growing their reach in other nations and trying to capture the large market.
List of organic products in India
The number of organic products sold in India is growing. As we speak, new products are added to the export list. Here is the list of food products exported from India.
- Organic Fruit Bars.
- Traditional Organic Beverages.
- Organic Candie.
- Organic Freeze Dried Fruits.
- Organic Puffed Snacks.
- Organic Gluten-Free Cookies.
- Organic Chyawanprash.
- Organic Pickle.
Are you confused about how to export organic products from India and export organic vegetables from India? Then share your query with us. IMPEXPERTS will help you grow your product by providing necessary training in both the Export and Import business and how to export organic food from India. Our organic food importers will support you in establishing a new business or expanding your present one. If you are interested in knowing how to export from India to Canada, contact our experts for details. With the practical and theoretical knowledge given by our expert faculty, you will become capable of exploring the world of Import Export.
What is the export value of organic food from India?
As per the latest statistics, the Indian organic food export market has grown to 1.04 billion U.S. dollars. The rise in the demand for Indian organic food is contributing to the rising value of the product. Compared to the previous fiscal year, the export value was around 689 million U.S. Dollars.
Which country is the highest importer of Indian organic products?
The United States is the top importer of Indian-origin organic products. The total export value has overpass the $359 million mark in the year 2019. After the U.S., the EU, Canada, and Switzerland are the biggest importers of organic food in India.
Who certifies organic food in India?
The APEDA is the government authority that offers certification to the local companies to export organic food in India. The product should confirm the National standard before you start selling in the international market.